Monday 25 March 2013

Easter Fun


I have gathered all my spring and Easter related books and toys for Hartley to play with. I have also made up a few Easter treasure baskets. 



 Easter Treasure Baskets


 I used a basket to make this nest. I just added shredded tissue paper, eggs and chicks. 


 Hartley had fun exploring the nest. He then put his cuddly chick in it.



Easter Basket



In this basket I put a few Easter items;
Bunnies
Humptey Dumptey
Plastic Eggs
Chicks of different sizes
Wooden egg cup

Cute Footprint Easter Cards

I found this lovely idea for Easter cards. They are very simple and even the smallest of babies can help you make them!In this Easter basket I have put in a variety of Easter items.



Just paint your little ones foot in yellow paint, cut out and then add an eye, beak, wing and legs.


Funky Paper Plate Chicks


First you paint a paper plate yellow.
Then paint your child's hands. You need 3 yellow and 2 orange hands for each chick. 
Add eyes and a beak and you will end up with a very cute chick.
 

Older children will enjoy making their own, you could add feather, sequins, glitter etc 

Egg Play

Hartley has always enjoyed playing with the simplest of objects rather than plastic toys with lots of sounds and lights. These plastic eggs are brilliant! You can pick them up from most discount shops. I placed them in an old egg box  and put little chicks inside.


Hartley had so much fun opening and closing the eggs. Putting the chicks in and out of the egg. Emptying and filling the egg box. He has concentrated on this activity for long periods of time and goes back to the egg box lots of times during the day.

This activity is great for his fine motor skills and hand eye coordination.

Giant Nest
I made this nest out of coloured shredded paper. I hid chicks and eggs filled with chocolate for Hartley and his friend to find.
 He enjoyed exploring the nest and finding all the eggs and chicks.

Easter Printing
Hartley's friend Esme brought these fab Easter Stampers for us to play with.

 I was impressed that Hartley seemed to know what to do straight away. He was able to paint on the stamper and stamp it himself.

Here is his finished work.

Here is Esme creating her brilliant artwork as you can see this activity works for all ages and even much older children will enjoy it.

 









No comments:

Post a Comment