Wednesday 8 May 2013

Gloop Shape Hunt



I was trying to decide what to do this afternoon with the children I look after, so searched the cupboards and found cornflour, this could only mean one thing - GLOOP!

If you haven't made gloop before you really should, it only needs 2 ingredients
Cornflour and water, you can add food colouring to make it even more fun.

Gloop is a magical mixture which can be both solid and liquid and its lots of fun for children and adults of all ages!

I added some coloured shapes to encourage shape, colour and number recognition. 

The children loved exploring the gloop.

 They felt the gloop with their hands and made marks.
 It was great fun to watch the gloop drip off our hands.
One of the children even decided to put some lentils from another sensory tub into the mixture! I love sensory play!

We also played hunt the shapes. I would ask them to find the red heart or the purple star. This not only encourages shape and colour recognition but is also a good way to get the children to start exploring and touching the gloop.

Sensory play is brilliant for encouraging language. I constantly talk to the children about what they are doing and what it feels like. We came up with some great words.

Slimy, slippery, gloopy. For Hartley and I talk to him about what he is doing and what I think it feels like.


No comments:

Post a Comment